Picture Credit: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/53058101834618220/
Stay Motivated to Blog Better
We start blogging with as much enthusiasm as taking up a violin class or a cooking class. Down the lane, we somehow lag behind. I have often been asked (Read almost every day) how I ‘manage’ a blog (in fact, two blogs). Being a wife and an IT Professional who works in shifts, I hardly get time to write. But, here I am successfully completing many monthly writing challenges. So, what gets me going? I say, sheer motivation!
Here are a few tips to motivate yourself while blogging.
- Keep a Journal: where you can jot down ideas. Let it be on your smart phone or an old-fashioned note book. You never know when an idea strikes.
- Develop a Posting Schedule: If you choose to write daily, fair enough. Else, any reader would prefer to come back to your blog if he knows that you post every alternate day or every Sunday.
- Mix it up: While you love to write short posts, I say mix it up. Write a 55 word fiction, a 2000 word story or even a video for your readers. It would be fun to write and readers would welcome the change.
- Prompts and Blogging Challenge: We all go through those days when you go blank and stare at the laptop screen. This is when writing for prompts and enrolling for a challenge helps. It is demanding and helps to challenge your limits.
- Keep track of the progress and traffic you get. Note down which of your posts get maximum traffic and work towards it.
- Guest Posts: Do and ask for guest posts in your blog. You would be surprised at the fresh ideas they bring in.
- Join a Writing Community: You get to make friends and also get to know many successful bloggers whose writes inspire you and make you want to write more and more. Well, you can join us, here at the B.A.R!
- New Catalyst: Buy yourself a new book, go for a walk in the garden, spend some time with your friends and family, go for a movie, and listen to music. You never know when your will creativity unleash.
Enjoy what you write. It is more of a feel good factor. Don’t stress over it. Take a break if you want to. Breathe and then keep going.
Blogger Bio: Shalini Nair
Engineer by profession and an Army Wife by choice, I pen down poems & stories @TaleofTwoTomatoes. I also love to share my take on book reviews, social causes, travel, upcoming trends and how to make your husband go hopping mad by staring at your laptop screen all day long. Known as Tomato Girl after my blog, I also post mouth-watering recipes @SomethingisCooking. Delinquent Poet. Ardent Reader. Passionate Cook. Dreamer. Dancer. Dog Lover. Music Freak. Coffee Addict. Mystical and a Compassionate Piscean with a contagious smile, that would be me!
I believe that ‘Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to Dance in the Rain’.
Blog-A-Rhythm’s theme for the month of April is
Come back everyday this month (except Sundays)
to read 26 guest posts on facets of blogging!