Blog-A-Rhythm is proud to present the second edition of BAR-A-THON, the fortnight-long blogging marathon for bloggers everywhere!
Yes, that’s right. A whole marathon of blogging, keeping in mind the fact that the more we write, the better we get and hey, it’s all about community, right? 🙂
Click here for the image URL for you to download and save the badge offline
Ready to hear what it involves? Here goes.
WHEN: June 17th, 2017 to June 30th, 2017 (ALTERNATE DAYS BLOGGING ONLY)
WHERE: On your blogs and add your links to the alternate day linky here on BAR. Linky for each prompt will be open for 48 hours.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Use the Prompts given below OR the Theme given below OR Both.
Anything to do with the number ‘7’:
Seven deadly sins/ Seven wonders of the world/ Seven Days of the week etc.
June 17th: The Fault in our Stares
June 19th: Life of Pie
June 21st: Of Ice and Men
June 23rd: War and Pieces
June 26th: Lord of the Files
June 28th: Suns and Lovers
June 30th: The Call of the Wind
As you can guess, each prompt is a play on a famous book’s title.
Interesting enough? We hope so 🙂
- Grab the badge you see above and display it on your post each day or on your blog’s sidebar. That is the participant badge. *Special nod to Sid Balachandran for the fabulous badge. Isn’t it cool? 🙂
- There will be prompts for each day and you can use the prompt given for each day in your post OR You can go with the Theme provided OR you can combine the prompts with the theme.
- How to use the prompts: You can use them in the title of your post OR use them as a theme for the post for each day OR you can use them as part of a sentence in your post.
- Are the prompts mandatory? If you use them, yes 😉
- Must you blog on each of the BARATHON days? No. You can blog on one day, 3 days, 5 days or all 7. It’s up to you. But only those who blog on ALL 7 days will get a shiny WINNER’S badge from us once the challenge is completed.
- How many blogs should you visit daily? Again, this is up to you. Think you can manage 5 per day or maybe 10? Go for it. No compulsion.
- Is there a word limit for the posts? No, there isn’t, but keeping in mind that we’ll be blog hopping across the web, it makes sense to keep the post short and sweet. Hey, it saves you time too 🙂
- Any other rules? If you are on Twitter, share your post with the hash tag #BarAThon and tweet to our handle @blogarhythm1 so we can re-share your posts.
- Share this far and wide with your blogger friends and ask them to join the marathon. The more the merrier. Yes! 😀
And. . . that’s it!
Keen on joining the Bar-A-Thon?
Well, sign up at this linky today with the link to your blog!
Linky is open till June 15th 🙂