Blog-A-Rhythm is proud to present the third edition of BAR-A-THON, the fortnight-long blogging marathon for bloggers everywhere!
Yes, that’s right. A whole marathon of blogging, keeping in mind the fact that the more we write, the better we get and hey, it’s all about community, right? 🙂
Click here for the image URL for you to download and save the badge offline
Ready to hear what it involves? Here goes.
WHEN: July 2nd, 2018 to July 15th, 2018 (ALTERNATE DAYS BLOGGING ONLY)
WHERE: On your blogs and add your links to the alternate day linky here on BAR. Linky for each prompt will be open for 48 hours.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Use the Prompts given below OR the Theme given below OR Both.
RUN/ SPRINT/ MARATHON/ DASH/ CHASE
Anything at all to do with something which requires grit and endurance. It doesn’t need to be fitness related. You can do something on blogging marathons, cooking marathons, TV-watching marathons, got the idea?
Have fun with it!
July 2nd: One Too Many
July 4th: Lesser of Two Evils
July 6th: Three’s a Crowd
July 9th: Four Corners of the World
July 11th: Give me Five!
July 13th: Six Minutes of Fame
July 15th: Seven-Year Itch
As you can guess, each prompt is a well-known idiom
Interesting enough? We hope so 🙂
1) Grab the badge you see above and display it on your post each day or on your blog’s sidebar for the duration of the challenge. That is the participant badge. Link back to this post.
2) Sign up for the Barathon by entering details in the linky at the end of this post
3) Share this post on your social media channels.
4) (Optional) Write a post about the Barathon before the 30th of June so more people get to hear about it.
5) There will be prompts for each day and you can use the prompt given for each day in your post OR You can go with the Theme provided OR you can combine the prompts with the theme.
6) How to use the prompts: You can use them in the title of your post OR use them as a theme for the post for each day OR you can use them as part of a sentence in your post.
7) Are the prompts mandatory? If you use them, yes 😉
8) Must you blog on each of the BARATHON days? No. You can blog on one day, 3 days, 5 days or all 7. It’s up to you. But only those who blog on ALL 7 days will get a shiny WINNER’S badge from us once the challenge is completed.
9) How many blogs should you visit daily? Again, this is up to you. Think you can manage 5 per day or maybe 10? Go for it. No compulsion.
10) Is there a word limit for the posts? No, there isn’t, but keeping in mind that we’ll be blog hopping across the web, it makes sense to keep the post short and sweet. Hey, it saves you time too 🙂
11) Any other guidelines? If you are on Twitter, you can share your posts with the hash tag #BarAThon. Also tweet your post by tagging @blogarhythm1 We will retweet your posts.
12) Share this far and wide with your blogger friends and ask them to join the marathon. The more the merrier. Yes! 😀
And. . . that’s it!
Keen on joining the Bar-A-Thon?
Well, sign up at this linky today with the link to your blog!
Sign Up Linky is open till June 30th 🙂