Welcome to the weekly sharing linkup at Blog-A-Rhythm
Tomorrow, March 8th, is International Women’s Day.
More than ever, it has become imperative for us to raise our voices in support of Women’s Rights, stand up for women all over the world and do our bit to make sure that things change the world over.
This year’s theme for Women’s Day is
What can you do?
- Write a post using the theme, ‘Make it Happen’.
- Focus on a women’s right issue which is close to your heart.
- Add your post to the Linky given at the bottom of this post.
- Share the post on social media using the hash tag #Makeithappen
- Share others’ posts on social media as well.
From the International Women’s Day website, here are more suggestions:
Use your voice via social media:
– And watch out for even more #hashtag activism from loads of great groups all around the world
Lend your support:
– Retweet and share content
– Display the International Women’s Day on your website or blog
– Donate to your favourite womens charity
– Paint It Purple – your website, blog, emails for the day
– Insert the IWD logo in your email signature block for the day
– Support a female-focused crowd-funding initiative
– Make and upload a video
– Run a webinar
Support International Women’s Day OFFLINE
– Run an event celebrating women to raise awareness for gender equality
– Participate in local activities and campaigns
– Paint it purple – your building, canteen, playground, wear purple clothing
– Do a media interview
– Create images or film
Whatever you do – celebrate women, call for equality – and ‘Make it happen’
In the meanwhile, add your links to the blue frog below and stroll around to visit the other blogs. Linkup stays open till next Saturday, March 14th.
Each person can add any number of links. No ‘BAR’ on that 😉
As always, this post would be incomplete without the efforts of Sid Balachandran, our resident BAR logo designer!
Just look at the beautiful badge below.
Just makes you want to write a post , doesn’t it?
All images except for the above badge courtesy: