One of the best things about blogging is the power we have using our words. Blogging has become a fantastic way to reach people. There is a certain potency in the fact that words typed in a laptop at a home in Bangalore can reach all the way across the country and perhaps touch a school in Bhopal.
When I saw this tweet pop up in my timeline, I immediately realised that here was something we as bloggers could do. We can spread the word and ensure that our collective voices reach people who can contribute in any way possible to this noble cause.
A brief about Aham Bhumika:
We run a rural preschool of 40 underprivileged rural kids in a village namely Borda; it is 17 kms from Bhopal. The parents of children work on brick kilns and construction sites as daily wage labourers and are illiterate.Our rural preschool accommodates their children. At the moment we have 40 rural children whom we teach using the play way method.
Read more about us at our website: http://www.ahambhumika.org
Aham Bhumika needs your help in order to continue giving education to these wonderful children. Current expenditure costs to keep the school running stand at INR 14,000/- per month. We welcome all support that we receive.
What you can do as a contributor:
*Aham Bhumika has many ways in which you can share your support. You can contribute money via online bank transfers or cheque payments here:
A/c name: Aham Bhumika Swayam Sevi Sanstha ,
SAVINGS ACCOUNT NO. 2073101015874
IFSC Code- CNRB0002073,
Bank – CANARA BANK
Branch – MAHARANA PRATAP NAGAR, BHOPAL
*Please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with these details: Name, address , donation amount ,PAN number and Contact number.
*All donations are tax exempted under Section 80-G of Income Tax of India. Full details on how to donate are given here.
*Ahambhumika is a registered NGO under Societies Act
*You can buy hand-painted shoes from their website. By buying a pair of shoes you will fund the education of a rural child for a period of one month. The price of shoes ranges from Rs.999 to 1499.For pre-order and any other query please mail email@example.com. (More pictures on their facebook page)
*You can buy hand embroidered, tribal motif , Gond Art cushion covers by pre-order. All proceeds from the sale of these items go towards the education fund. For purchase please mail firstname.lastname@example.org
What you can do as a blogger:
- Rewrite the blog post at this link in your own words. Minimum word requirement- 350 words. Maximum word count is left to your discretion.
- Images for the post can be used from their Twitter and Facebook pages. Please give due credit and attribution to the sites when doing so. Facebook Page: Aham Bhumika Twitter handle: https://twitter.com/Ahambhumika
- Write the post and link it up to our linky given at the bottom of this post. Clicking on the linky will open a new window. Please follow instructions to add your links.
- Share the blog post on your social media handles with the hash tag, #FundAhamBhumika. You can also tag @AhamBhumika on Twitter and Facebook while sharing. Reshare posts by other bloggers using the hash tag so we reach more people and more contributors.
- The Linky closes on the 10th of October, 2015. However, support for Aham Bhumika is welcome all year round. Spread the word and spread some smiles.
*All images are courtesy Aham Bhumika’s website, Facebook page and Twitter page and are used with due permission.